Entries are sought for the county's most prestigious celebration of environmental excellence: The Lincolnshire Environmental Awards 2019. The Awards recognise hard work and enthusiasm for improving our environment by bringing together communities, businesses, farmers and schools to celebrate their achievements.
Searching for Lincolnshire’s green heroes
“Entering the awards is a great way to showcase your work and achievements, boost morale and reward individuals and teams for their hard work, and to inspire and encourage others to take action.”Chairman of the Award scheme and Lindum Rotary Club member
The winner of the Lincolnshire Young Environmentalist Award (for schools and youth groups with children aged under 13 years) will receive a cash prize of £250 and the runner up a cash prize of £150, all finalists will receive £100.
The categories in the Lincolnshire Environmental Awards 2019 are:
- Anglian Water Business Award
Open to any type of business: retail, manufacturing, service
- Countryside Enterprise and Small Business Award
Open to any type of rural business, from farming to nurseries, forestry and leisure. This is also the first year we are including small businesses for the award.
- Orsted Community Award
Open to any type of community group including non-profit organisations: local conservation, urban gardening, woodlands, river enhancement
- FCC Young Environmentalist Award
For schools, youth groups such as scouts and guides, and individuals (nominations are welcome)
How to enter the Lincolnshire Environmental Awards 2019
Simply write a short description of your project (200 – 300 words).
Use the form on our website to enter.
or post your description, together with a contact name telephone number and email address, to:
Lincolnshire Environmental Awards
c/o Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust
Manor House Street
Lincolnshire LN9 5HF
The closing date for entries is Saturday 31 March 2019, following which a judging panel will shortlist projects. Each shortlisted project will be contacted to arrange a visit during April and May, to meet those involved for a short discussion, and tour if appropriate.
Young finalists are invited to present their entries to the judges on Thursday 23 May 2019 - our Green Heroes Day at Whisby Nature Park. Finalists in the Community, Business, Rural & Farming categories are invited to present their entries to the final panel of judges on Thursday 6 June 2019 at the Bentley Hotel in Lincoln. The awards are presented at a gala dinner that evening.
The Lincolnshire Environmental Awards, the only dedicated environmental awards in the county, are organised by Lindum Rotary Club and the Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust.
Tips on entering
- Remember everyone has a chance of winning.
- Dedication and enthusiasm is favoured over financial inputs – be sure not to undervalue your achievements.
- Don’t be put off thinking your efforts are not up to a ‘set’ standard.
- Imagine you’re the judge – would your application impress you? Think about this when completing your entry. Keep your points punchy and relevant. Consider the 5 Ws – Who, What, Why, Where, When.
- Our judges are used to comparing businesses and projects of very different types and sizes. If you can't find a category to match what you do, please get in touch with us and we'll give you guidance.