Whisby Education Centre - Rachel Shaw
Whisby Education Centre lies just outside Lincoln, surrounded by 370 acres of nature reserve. It has been carefully designed to balance countryside recreation, nature conservation and environmental education.
If you are interested in bringing a school group please contact:
Whisby Education Centre
Whisby Nature Park
The education service offered by the Lincolnshire Wildlife Trust at Whisby Nature Park has a wide range of activities from pond dipping and minibeast hunts to orienteering and storytelling.
All activities offered can be linked to the National Curriculum to meet your education requirements.
The centre can cater for students from the age of 5 upwards and offers a true outdoor learning experience.
The Education Centre
A modern, purpose built centre set within Whisby Nature Park
- Two large indoor classrooms capable of seating 60 children in each
- Cloakroom for bags and wet gear
- Disabled and early years friendly centre
- Ample toilets and hand washing facilities
- Self enclosed Outdoor Learning area
- Exclusive use of the purpose built Education Centre and grounds
Your visit includes:
- Free Site tour and planning visit for the group leader, so your one step ahead of your group
- Relevant risk assessments and health and safety information
- Any relevant ‘master copy’ resource material to enhance your visit
- All safety equipment
- Free Wildlife Trust badge for every student attending
- Free all day coach parking (There is a £2 charge for cars)
- A full day running from 10am until 2.30pm (Additional time can be arranged at an additional cost)
Our Education Centre staff are fully qualified, CRB checked and have many years experience in teaching and leading environmental education, nature conservation and outdoor recreation.
Whisby Nature Park
Find out more about Whisby Nature Park